We might be pretty clever ladies and you may love reading our blog, but we believe that we can be so much more powerful when we collaborate! The Hive & Co. is dedicated to empowering small business owners and entrepreneurs, helping them work towards their goals and achieve their fullest potential. We want to give you that nudge towards starting your own small business or get you marching up that corporate ladder. If you share in our passion, consider guest blogging for The Hive & Co.! We, and our readers, would love to hear from fellow entrepreneurs about lessons learned, tricks of your trade, or even some of the struggles you’ve faced and how you overcame. Give a fellow entrepreneur a reason to say, “damn, she knows what’s up!“
Why Guest Blog?
There are tons of benefits to guest blogging. Not only does guest blogging aid in positioning you as an industry expert, it gives you an external platform to showcase your knowledge, talents, and business. To relate to your softer side, you also have the opportunity to give back to a community of people that are striving towards similar aspirations and dreams, maybe even some that are facing some of the same adversities or obstacles that you once did. Still not convinced? In an effort to make your decision as easy as possible, we’ve listed a few more benefits to guest blogging that will tip you in the right direction:
- Begin building or continue to build your online readership
- Get more links to your website
- Networking opportunities with fellow entrepreneurs
- Strengthen your brand
- Gain exposure to new audiences
- Additional traffic to your website and/or blog
- Position yourself as an online authority and increase your writing’s legitimacy
What Do I Write About?
To guide you in your guest blog submission, we have compiled a list of relevant topics. If you have any questions about a subject matter, email us at email@example.com with your idea and we’ll let you know if it’s a go.
- Social Media Tips & Tricks
- How To Build A Brand
- Small Business Sales Activities
- All Things Marketing
- Business Tips
- Getting A Promotion At Work
- Working From Home
- Juggling Work & Personal Life
- Getting Back Into The Workforce
Who Am I Writing For?
Our audience consists of readers who are mostly women: moms, military spouses, single moms, etc. We target women of all stages in their vocational life; women looking for ways to advance up the corporate ladder, women teetering on the idea of starting a small business, women who have taken the leap and are working to build a sustainable small business, and small business owners who are looking for ways to get a boost in sales, awareness, lead gen. and profits.
What Makes A High-Quality THC Post?
A post for The Hive & Co. blog should be one that makes readers have an “ah-ha” moment! They should feel like they’ve been metaphorically bitch slapped by your post. Keep in mind that we are focused on empowering and encouraging female small business owners. That in mind, we want our guest bloggers to have creativity and edge and we want our guest posts to be engaging, slightly shocking and bold as hell! In gentlest terms, you gotta blog like a boss! We aim to give our readers content that is practical, impactful, and, above all, actionable. Still have some questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll give you some more inspiration!
Some General Guidelines:
- Blogs must be a minimum of 400 words, and, ideally, a maximum of 1200 words
- Please submit your own original work. Previously published content will be declined.
- Observe any copyright or usage restrictions regarding images. Obtain permission and/or licensing for use and cite the source of your images.
- Please re-size your images to a maximum of 400 pixels wide.
- Images shall not contain anything offensive, graphic or vulgar. Posts will be removed and guest bloggers will be banned for use of such images.
- We strongly encourage visual content (i.e. youtube videos)!
- Links in a post are welcome, but must be non-promotional and relevant to the post. We do not allow affiliate links.
- Off-topic posts and spam will be declined, and may result in your account being banned.
- Do not advertise your product, business or service within the main body of your guest post. (unless consent is given by a THC team member). This includes your company logo, a link to your website, or a link to your company’s blog. The point of guest posting is to show that you are a thought leader. Your main goal should be to educate our readers.
- You may not link to any of your online properties within the main body of your guest post. Our readers WILL pick this up as a subliminal advertisement and simply not like your post, and thus won’t share it.
- Do not include screenshots that brand your own product or online properties. This is to avoid any sense of promotion.
- You may include a bio/signature section at the end of your post that includes a link to your business/website.
- Guest bloggers are required to interact with their blog post through social media or the comments section on the blog once their post is live.
- Cursing is allowed, with the exception of words and/or phrases that: degrade another person, discriminate against someone’s race, ethnicity, culture, or sexual preference, are vulgar, and sexual in nature. We know this probably doesn’t need to be said, but our conscious made us do it. If you are unsure of any term and/or phrase, the answer is probably no. Contact The Hive & Co. if additional moral guidance is needed.
Check out The Hive & Co. Blog for tone and context assimilation!
Ready to guest blog for The Hive & Co.? Fill out the form below and we’ll reach out to you so as to jump start this b*&%$!